Archive for the ‘Changes And Updates’ Category
After combing through the site thoroughly, listening to user feedback, and digging through many stories, quizzes, and profiles, we have come up with new formulas to determine which users, quizzes, polls, and stories should be featured on Quibblo. These new formulas are designed to ensure that we turn the best content and most recent content into the most visible content. Here’s a breakdown of how they work:
- User has logged into his or her account within thirty days of the formula’s last run. So, login, check your messages, read some stories, and take some quizzes. Be sure you remain eligible!
- User has not posted adult content.
- User has an average of 4 stars or higher on all his or her posts combined.
- User is in the top twenty-five scoring results, where the score is determined by: the total of user’s quiz star rating times the number of times user’s quizzes were rated. If you want to make sure other users rate your posts, be sure to rate the posts of other users. Give your opinion – it matters! Other users will follow your example and rate in turn.
- User’s account is in active status.
- User follows the Qustoms to a decent degree.
- The story was posted within thirty days of the formula’s last run.
- The story is not flagged as adult.
- The story has an average of 4 stars or higher.
- The story is in the top twenty-five scoring results, where the score is determined by: the story’s star rating times the number of times the story was rated.
- User’s account tied to the story is in active status.
- The story follows the Qustoms to a decent degree.
- The story is a real story, not a repost or personal post.
- The story is either original or falls into a category that is currently popular.
- Or…the story provides information about the site or its partners that we feel the users should have.
- The poll was posted within thirty days of the formula’s last run.
- The poll is not flagged as adult.
- The poll has an average of 4 stars or higher.
- The poll is in the top twenty-five scoring results, where the score is determined by: the poll’s star rating times the number of times the poll was rated.
- User’s account tied to the poll is in active status.
- The poll follows the Qustoms to a decent degree.
- The poll is a real poll, not a repost or personal post.
- Or…the poll provides information about the site or its partners that we feel the users should have.
- The quiz was posted within fourteen days of the formula’s last run.
- The quiz is not flagged as adult.
- The quiz has an average of 4 stars or higher.
- The quiz is in the top fourteen scoring results, where the score is determined by: the quiz’s star rating times the number of times the quiz was rated.
- User’s account tied to the quiz is in active status.
- The quiz follows the Qustoms to a decent degree.
- The quiz is a real quiz, not a repost or personal post.
- Or…the quiz provides information about the site or its partners that we feel the users should have.
Quibblo’s Top Five Friends:
- User actively seeks out and answers the questions of fellow Quibblonians in a polite and accurate manner.
- User follows the Qustoms to a decent degree.
- User rates, and rates often.
- User makes consistent and valid use of the yay (thumbs up) and nay (thumbs down) buttons.
- Any other number of reasons determined by the Community Manager using the Quibblo account.
We hope that this helps bring the best stories and users to the surface and, as a whole, makes Quibblo a more fun place for everyone.
P.S. Any user/story nominated for a feature prior to today, if they were chosen, will retain eligibility to be featured by August 19th. All featured users and stories seen after this date will be based purely on the new method.
Add style to your content on Quibblo with formatting!
Most of you already know you can use bold, italics and underline on your quizzes and comments, but now you can do it in your story text too!
It’s easy, all you have to do is put a symbol on either side of the word or phrase you want highlighted.
For example, you can italicize a word by adding slashes (/) on either side of the word, like /this/
Here are all of our formatting options:
- /italics/ makes italics
- *bold* makes bold
- _underline_ makes underlined text
- [url=http://www.quibblo.com/user/Quibblo]my Quibblo link[/url] makes my Quibblo link
Enjoy formatting your comments, stories and quizzes on Quibblo!
Since we released stories a few weeks ago, lots of you have asked, What About Story Invitations! Well, now we’ve got ‘em, and while we were at it, we made invitations even better and easier to use.
When you create a quiz or story, you want lots of people to come and take it. Here at Quibblo, we want to help you get more people to take your quiz, which is why we made the new sharing and invitation tools. Here’s how sharing works after you make a quiz or story:
- You can now post a link to your quiz or story as a status update on Facebook or Twitter.
- You can send quiz and story invitations to your Quibblo friends or send an email quiz invitation to anyone.
- If you create a quiz, poll, or survey you also have the option to post the whole quiz on a blog or other site using the quiz widget.
A lot of people have asked us How do I put my quiz on Facebook? Now, when you make a new quiz or story, just click the “Share This” button to post a link to it on Facebook. Click the button, and you’ll see a window like this:
Check the Facebook box (or Twitter, MySpace, Yahoo, whichever you like), and click “Share”. Your quiz will be automatically posted, and it’ll look like this:
What do you think of the new sharing and invitations options? Take this poll and tell us what you think.
- With a Question, you can ask open-ended question with many possible answers that people can write in.
- It’s like a poll, but, the answer options are up to the people taking the quiz.
Quibblo has got a whole bunch of exciting new features for you that we think you’re gonna like.
Hooray, the save button is finally here! You can save your work at any point in the writing process and come back to it later. You can find the save button on the bottom right side of your work. To get to your saved work, you can click on the save icon (next to your username and mailbox icon at the top right of the page).
Stories, Group Stories, Chain Stories
We have so many creative users on Quibblo who enjoy writing stories, so we’re introducing Stories on Quibblo! No more using the Personality Quiz to write your stories, we have three different story types you can choose from.
- The basic Story, where you can write a story with as many chapters as you like.
- There’s a Group Story, where you and a friend (or two, or three) can write a story together, passing chapters back and fourth between each other.
- And finally, there’s my favorite, a Chain Story, which is a fun and challenging way to write a story with your Quibblo friends. In a Chain Story, you write a chapter and pass it on to a friend, that friend writes a chapter and passes it on to another friend, then that person writes a chapter and passes it on…and the chain continues!
You can start writing stories right now.
New Design for Results and Share
It’s now easier to share your quizzes and quiz results with your friends. We’ve spiffied up the design of our share pages so you can easily share your quizzes and stories with friends outside of Quibblo. You might also notice the result pages look a little different. The new design is more slick and clean.
Hey everyone, more good news…more new features! Our awesome tech team just released the latest wave of changes, and here is what’s new on Quibblo.com as of today.
- Fancy User Search – One question that lots of people here seem to have is, “how do I make friends on Quibblo???”. Well, we can’t help you MAKE friends, but we can certainly help you FIND friends more easily. If you take a look at the search box at the top right of Quibblo.com (right where it’s always been), and click your mouse in the text area, you’ll see some new options pop up. There are now options to “Find Quizzes” and “Find Users”. Clicking on “Find Users” will give you some neat search options for finding other Quibblo peeps by age, gender, or distance from wherever you are.
Here is a fancy little video, showing you how it works. Enjoy!
- Login/Register With Facebook and More – Now you can log into Quibblo, using Facebook, Google, Yahoo, or even Twitter. Just a note though, the first time you try to login using Facebook, you need to link your Quibblo account and Facebook. So click the “facebook” button on the login screen, and THEN login with your regular email and password. Once the two sites are linked, you can log right in using Facebook every time you come back!
- Better Friend Inviting Tools – Quibblo is WAY more fun when your friends are here too, and now you can invite them more easily than ever. When you are logged into your Quibblo account, look for the “Invite My Friends” button under your profile photo (it’s the fourth button down).
Once you click that button, you can go ahead and invite friends by typing in their emails to the tell-a-friend form, or even importing your address book to invite everyone at once. Or, if you just want to post a link to your Facebook or Twitter page, you can share a special invite link that all of your friends can use to register for Quibblo.
Have fun, and more to come soon (maybe even a save button…)!
First off, thanks for your patience guys. Our team has been working hard the past couple of weeks, to really build some neat stuff that you have been asking for. And the first wave (yep, there’s more coming) of features and changes are live!
Here is what’s new and changed:
- Gifts Have Been Removed - As most of you know, the virtual gifts platform has been removed. We don’t have any immediate plans to bring the gifts back, but sometime in the future this may change. For now though, gifts are fully removed from Quibblo.com.
- Photo Comments – One simple, but cool addition we made, is the addition of comments on photos. We probably should have had this already, but we somehow goofed and left it out last time. But we’ve made it right, and now you can leave comments like “OMG, SO CUTE” on your friend’s photos.
- Profile Themes, Photo Galleries, And Top Friends Are All FREE - All of these features are now…well, just that, features. No more pay/premium system. ALL users can now add photo albums, organize top friends, or add profile themes to their profiles, FREE.
- A-List, Featured Member, Featured Quiz Changes – Since we removed the pay system, the A-List and Featured Quiz tools no longer make any sense, and as such, both features will be removed. Featured Member will remain, but users will no longer be able to pay for this spot. Quibblo admins will continue to choose and rotate in featured members, so keep creating awesome content, and being a good user, and you might get chosen
- Make Your Own Profile Themes – The most awesome thing we are adding today, is the ability to make your own profile themes. Now, when you go into the profile theme-ing section, you will see an option to make your own theme (I made myself a Patriots theme). Add a background image, change colors, and make it your own. But remember, with great power, comes great responsibility! Profile images will still be moderated by admins, and if you upload dirty, offensive, or naughty images, they will be removed, and your account may be deleted. So feel free to make some crazy profile themes, just keep them clean.
There is lots more to come soon, and our developers are already sketching out how the next set of features will look (in between wrapping eachother’s desks in tin foil obviously).
So tell your friends to come on and join Quibblo!
Hey everyone! I know that last week, we delivered some BAD news when we let you know that gifting was going to be disabled. But mixed in with that bad news, was the promise of some good news….more cool stuff was going to take its place!
So because I know people are bummed about the gifting, I wanted to make sure I posted a little update on what is coming in the next wave of Quibblo changes.
Later this week, we are going to be doing something super cool, that a ton of people have asked for. We are going to kill of the “Premium” feature system altogether, and make ALL of the themes, and ALL of the cool features, TOTALLY FREE for ALL users.
That means that photo albums, ALL profile themes, and Q-Crew will all be completely free, and will just become part of your profile tools. Things like A-List, paying for featured member, or paying for featured quiz, will be removed completely (they don’t make any sense if there is no pay system!).
Oh, and one more sneak peek at something that I think you guys are going to love. Later this week, you’ll also be able to customize your profile with whatever background image and colors you want, using a nifty little tool that will look a little bit like this (it’s still being built):
Over the next few days, some of the currently “Premium” features might be buggy and not working, so bear with us. But by end of week, everything should be working, more awesome than ever, and TOTALLY FREE!!!!
Thanks for hanging with us, and I PROMISE, cool things are going to keep on coming
As you may or may not have noticed, the gifting system has been disabled on Quibblo as of today. We spent a lot of time listening to users, looking at gifting statistics, and talking internally about what to do with this system, and ultimately we decided that it was time to retire gifting.
But don’t worry, removing gifting only makes room for some cool features that we are rolling out soon. I know, I know…we keep saying “soon”. But bear with us, they really are coming soon. I promise.
If you’ve got any questions on the removal of the gifting system, feel free to message Quibblo and we will help you out with whatever you need.
Hey guys and girls of Quibblo. I know it’s been a while since we’ve talked, but we’re back! And we’ve got some super cool stuff coming to Quibblo very very soon.
We’ve listened to all of your feedback, read all of your messages, and now we are hard at work building some new features and making some big changes to the site.
In fact, here is Kyle (one of our super designers) laying out some new Quibblo stuff right now.
Going forward, this blog will be the place to get all of the Quibblo updates, information, news, tips, tricks and more. So be sure and check back often for the latest news and cool stuff from the Quibblo team.
You are currently browsing the archives for the ‘Changes And Updates’ category.
Talk To Us
Like Us On Facebook!
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- February 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2007
- May 2007